what or what: 2022 by receiving an invitation
When: Saturday to Sunday, September 24-25 (54 holes); 9 a.m. in Venice on Saturday; 8:30 a.m. Venice Sunday
where: Par-70, 5901-yard Bucknell Golf Club, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
field: 7 teams (Bucknell, Bloomsburg, Bryant, La Salle, Mt. Mary, Niagara, St. Francis)Direct scoring: GolfStat.com
about the bison
- Bucknell is looking to maintain its strong start to the 2022-23 season this weekend when it hosts the annual fall tournament at Bucknell Golf Club.
- Regardless of the team’s ending, the Bison played some good golf against tough competition during the first two weeks of the season. Playing three rounds on the River Course at Kingsmill and three more on the Penn State Blue Course, Bucknell has averaged 309.0 as a team so far. That’s a 10-shot improvement over the Fall 2021 team average of 319.4.
- For the first time in four years, the Bison tallied four points in the 1970s in all three rounds last week at the Nittany Lion Invitational. The last time it happened was in the fall of 2018 at the Delaware Invitational in Rehoboth Beach CC.
- Bison scored team scores from 307-311-305 at Penn State, with first-round scores dropping 75 from Kayla Yee And the third round is 75 of Big Richter. Kelsey Ye Bison was low for the weekend with a total of 230 (77-77-76), while Richter, Kayla YeeAnd the Tara Thomas 231.
- Last week’s total of 923 teams were the 4th best team with 54 holes and the 2nd best team on a far field. The total of 54 holes in the Bucknell low on a course other than Bucknell Golf Club is 922 at Rehoboth Beach in the fall of 2018. The Bison lowered their previous best result from 54 holes on the Penn State Blue Course by eight shots. They collected 931 there in 2019.
- Richter got off to a strong start to her rookie season with all six rounds in the 1970s so far, including 73 on her first group tour at Kingsmill. Kelsey Ye She also had six runs in the 1970s, and she and Richter co-lead the team with an average of 76.3. Thomas (77.5) and Kayla Yee (78.8) is not far behind.
- All 10 bison will be in action this weekend. Richter, Kelsey YeThomas, Kayla Yeeand a student Irene Dranak will include team A, while Vivica KorupAnd the Sahana ParavantavidaAnd the Christina CanalsAnd the Tatum McKelveyand Morgon Sohosky will play for Team B.
- This is the 25th season of the Bison Women’s Golf Show, which debuted in 1998-1999. Laura Tyler Cook He is the fourth coach in the team’s history after Brad Tufts, Kevin Jamiesonand Lisa Francisco.
Bison at Bucknell’s call
- The Bison has won this event five times: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016 and spring 2021.
- Bucknell finished fifth on 11 teams last year with a total of 54 holes from 936. Tara Thomas The bison was low, finishing seventh with a score of 74-75-75. Round 72 of Cristina Canales was the team’s best card of the weekend.
- The Navy swept the field here last year, shooting an 885 to beat runner-up Lehigh by 39 strokes. Howard’s Rhys Wilson and Marine’s Mara Hertel fired 218 over the 54 holes, with Wilson receiving a Medal of Honor based on a better result in the final round (72).
- With no golf being played last fall due to COVID-19, the Bucknell Invitational was contested last season in April. It was just a four-team event, but Bucknell ran off with the team and individual titles. In fact, both Bucknell’s orange (615) and blue (620) teams beat runner-up St. Francis (Pennsylvania), which totaled 665.
- Casey Morrow He had a record weekend for Bison. She tied the school record with an opening Tour 69, and her second Tour 74 was also the best in the business. Moreau took a medal with six shots to his teammate Tatum McKelvey.
- Bucknell earned six medals in the home event. The most recent was Casey Morrow in the spring of 2021. Other singles champions are Lindsey Dudovich (2016), Katie Gornovich (2010), Terry Schlang (2006), Jess Hitrich (2002) and Hilary Minka (1999).
- The bison have two more fall events after this one. They will be at the Navy Fall Invitational October 1-2 and the Lady Blue Hen Invitational October 15-16.